The Finance Center was created to act as the conduit between your business and the right funder. We employ loan consultants that assist our clients through the loan packaging process, then help the client shop their loan through our network of over 100 financial institution partners. Rather than partnering with banks at a branch level, we work with underwriters directly to streamline the funding process for our clients and receive decisions quickly – saving you time and resources. Finance Center Services are:
- Offered at no-cost to you (paid for by your tax dollars)
- Conducted via confidential in-person meetings or video conference calls at California State University, Fullerton
- Generally offered to for-profit businesses with less than 500 employees
How it Works
- Request an in-person consultation or conference call with an SBDC finance center consultant. Sign Up Now >>>
- Your SBDC consultant will then explain what documents he will need to begin the loan packaging process and request the necessary documents including but not limited to: tax returns, financial statements and an explanation for use of funds. View funding checklist
- Once the consultant receives all of the necessary documents he will begin the process of sourcing potential funders. Your Finance Center consultant will communicate directly with you and the lender’s underwriter or key decision maker.
- Your SBDC consultant will then present your potential loan to the lender and the lender will assess their interest in funding.
- The lender will then decide to either take your loan package and the SBDC then stops exploring other lenders, allowing the interested lender seven days to issue a Letter of Intent (LOI) OR if the lender is not interested in the potential loan, the SBDC consultant will then continue to review your loan package with other potential lenders.
What types of lending partners does The Finance Center work with?
The Finance Center works with more than 100 lending institutions including: traditional banks, SBA backed lenders, Community Development Financial Institutions (CDFI), non-profits, State Guaranteed Lenders, County and City Lending Programs and more. The goal is to find the best fit for both the client and the lending institution.
How much does The Finance Center charge?
There is no charge to the client and there is no charge to the lenders. The Finance Center services are supported through funding received from various institutions to assist business owners access capital including: the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA), the State of California, California State University, Fullerton, the Orange County Hispanic Chamber of Commerce, grant and foundation funding.
I was declined from my bank for a loan, I’m not sure why. Can The Finance Center help me – how?
Absolutely! Our SBDC Finance Center consultants will help you assess your situation, review why you may have been denied and provide you with other funding options for your small business needs.We partner with hundreds of lenders, each with different requirements and parameters, which means we can help you explore options with other lenders that might better pair with your situation. We have assisted many clients who have been declined from other lending institutions and take great care in explaining and exploring other options with you step by step.
Contact us to request an appointment to review your funding options – at no cost!
I’m looking to refinance my debt, can the Finance Center help me?
Yes! We partner with many lenders that can refinance your loans and even possibly help you obtain a lower rate. We do our best to connect you with our lending partners and help you refinance your loan or obtain a quick turnaround for working capital. Our qualified lending partners can sometimes event lend as quickly as five business days!*
*We do not guarantee our turnaround times, the turnaround time is contingent on many factors.
What if I’m missing documents from the “Funding Checklist”? Does the lending institution really need all of these documents?
No problem! Our SBDC finance consultants can help answer any questions you might have about the required documents as well as help you work through any documents you may be missing on the checklist like: projections, business plan or use of funds. We will not obtain your tax returns for you, however we can help you request your credit reports.
The items outlined in the funding checklist are used to guide our loan packaging service, but are also required for submitting your package to our lending partners. When we consult our clients, we try to portray the most complete picture for the lending institution, so walk our clients through gathering all of the information outlined in the checklist, so we can ultimately provide our lending partner with all of the information they may require to make the most informed decision regarding your loan.